Tuesday, April 6, 2010

March 24 Favorite Kind of Day, Bridge Drawing Technique




Today in class we discussed the FKD and the Bridge drawing technique. As the bridge drawing technique is one that we have gone over in other classes, and have used on clients before, I found the FKD much more interesting.



The FKD is the Favorite Kind of Day drawing. It was a very relaxing assessment to do, bringing back memories of sitting poolside in Italy in the summer watching the swallows dive into the water. I think that I will almost certainly use this assessment in the future, of course with the right client. I think this could be used well in older (geriatric) patients going through the end of life phase, because they can re-live in a way good memories and times that they’ve had



As for the bridge drawing, I definitely will and have used this as a rapport builder. I’ve put this to use, but I have given some restrictions on material (as the directive in class did not). This is mainly limited to the materials I have access to. I also had the individual put themselves on the bridge, other than having them draw an arrow what direction they were going on it. This assessment, for me, ended up being very telling of how my day had been.



I enjoyed doing the FKOD after the Bridge drawing, as it put me in a better mood, and I did not have to think about the day I had, and I could think about happier times. As in my bridge drawing, there is the problem of it making the client think about something (such as my bad day) more than they would like, thus bringing up difficult things to deal with, which could be a good thing or a bad thing for the therapist and the client.



No comments:

Post a Comment